The UConn School of Business and School of Law invite you to attend New Challenges in Risk Management and Compliance: Common Concerns for Managers and Lawyers, Friday, April 25, 2014 at the UConn School of Law, Starr Hall (Corner Fern & Sherman Streets) Hartford, CT.
12:15 p.m.: Luncheon Panel -- Career Opportunities in Risk Management and Compliance
- Carole Olson Gates, Director, Risk Management & Insurance, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Kristin LeBlond, Counsel, The Investment Group, The Hartford
- Jeyaraj (Jay) Vadiveloo, Senior Research Consultant, Towers Watson and Director, University of Connecticut Goldenson Center for Actuarial Research
- Moderator: Patricia A. McCoy, University of Connecticut School of Law
1:45 p.m.: Global Human Rights Compliance
- Marcia Narine, Assistant Professor of Law, St. Thomas University School of Law
- Mark Nordstrom, Senior Counsel - Labor and Employment Law, General Electric Company
- John F. Sherman, III, General Counsel, Senior Advisor, and Secretary, SHIFT: Putting Principles into Practice
- Moderator: Molly Land, University of Connecticut School of Law
3:30 p.m.: Creating a Culture of Compliance
- John J. Preli, Director and Trust & Compliance Officer, IBM Trust & Compliance
4:15 p.m.: Corporate Governance Up the Ladder: A Risk Management and Compliance Perspective
- Glenn Gazdik, Senior Vice President and Senior Portfolio Manager, Asset/Liability Management Team, The Hartford
- Christopher Lewis, Senior Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, IFG Companies, Inc.
- Moderator: Stephen Park, University of Connecticut School of Business
5:00 p.m.: Conclusion
Admission is free; complimentary lunch and parking provided. For questions, please contact Patricia Carbray at email@example.com or 860-570-5184.
If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact the Law School at 860-570-5130 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.